Friday, August 10, 2012

13 hours?!?!!!

A couple of weeks ago The hubs, the 9 year old and myself all went to pay a bill. A credit bill. This store has damn near everything you could want for your house. This is where we got our furniture, a new lens for my camera, and even my new desktop. We usually would just pay for thing outright, but we want to build good credit so we can buy a HOUSE, so we figured we would finance a few things and go from there.
I am usually the one that goes and pays the bills, which is great because I am not a shopper. Well, this particular day the hubs was home so he wanted to go too. Huge mistake. $500+ mistake! Yes, you read that right. While I am paying the bill, the hubs and Keigan are shopping and they decided we needed to have some bluray/dvd/wireless surround sound system. It was $500 bucks! I about shit, right there in the middle of this store. I did not say anything. Just told him whatever he wanted to do was fine with me. I mean shit, this man works his ass off. The family is taken care of, so if he wants this silly contraption, then by all means, he should get it.
We come home, he hooks the stuff up and all the while I am on the computer and cleaning up around the house.
A couple of weeks go by and he then decides we need to sign up for Netflix again. Ugh. I hated that shit the last time we had it. Never really had anything that I wanted to watch, and then it would take forever for new movies to be available, blah, blah.
Here is his reasoning behind wanting it...we both have a Kindle Fire, his cell phone is a 4G LTE wireless hotspot, and then he will be able to watch movies off of Netflix on the kindle using the wifi from his phone while he is at work!! Silly man.
 So, what do I do? I sign up for Netflix, again, and then I just go about my business on the computer. Still have never even TOUCHED the remote for this stupid surround sound. A few days, maybe a week, passes. He is watching nothing but Netflix. Fine with me. I just stay on the computer. lol.

That all changed yesterday.
I am not usually a big time tv watcher. I would rather sit in front of my computer and read blogs and play on FaceBook than watch tv all day.
Yes, I have shows that I watch on certain nights, and I usually DVR them, so that I can watch them when ever I feel like it.

Well, yesterday I decided I was burned out on the computer and I really wanted to watch something with my husband, so we decided we would see what all the hype was about Sons Of Anarchy. We started with season 1, episode 1 at 12 noon Wednesday. 13 hours later I was moving on to season 2! 13 hours of sitting in one spot, not taking any breaks, just watching this show.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW! Tonight I finished season 2, and I will be starting season 3 soon. Sadly, season 4 is not available yet, so I will be having to find it so I can watch it before season 5 starts September 11!!!


4 comments:

  1. Found you on the blog hop! Diggin your blog! I have to say I know where you are coming from...not SOA but Weeds. I uncovered this show about a month ago and I loved it! I went and rented every season and sat through episode after episode until I had finished the entire 7 seasons! I finished it the night before season 8 started! Well come see me sometime! I am over at the Madness of Mommyhood. My blog is on both Wordpress and Blogspot! xo
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if you do the math, how much is that per season?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suck at math, lol, but I do know that now that I have finished the first 3 seasons, it is 13 episodes in each season, about 45 minutes per episode is 1,755 minutes or 29.25 hours. Horrible. That is more tv than I usually watch in a month. lol

    Becca, thanks. I am following you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If my internet wasn't thru my cable I would cancel the cable. lol. NetFlix is all anybody seems to want to watch around here. Unfortunately, too many things in the house run off of the wifi to do without the internet, therefore I guess I will just keep paying that 180 dollar bill every month. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete